Call for BCI Art, Innovation and creativity fields!
Brain Computer Interfaces journal has a new call for papers for a special issue. The issue will be focused on the Artistic Brain-Computer Interfaces: Advances at the interface of neuroscience, art, innovation and creativity.
Recent developments in brain imaging have substantially increased our knowledge of the neural basis of human action, not only in terms of motor control, but also in relation to cognitive and emotional behavior during the performance of complex tasks in dynamically changing environments. The advent of Mobile brain/body imaging (MoBI) further allows to cross the boundaries of traditional neurosciences and to explore the human brain during the creation and perception of art, including neural activity during dance, music performance, the brain dynamics evolving in classroom settings and new forms of creative processes leading to innovation.
This is a call for manuscripts in MoBI approaches and ongoing developments in recording and analysis of brain activity and body movements of actively behaving participants. Contributions can be included in well-established neuroscience research areas and new fields including the arts, creativity, medicine, education and others.
Deadline: November 30th 2017
Submission: journal’s online submission site.
Guidelines: journal’s Instructions for Authors.
Subject areas for focus:
- Neural and behavioral individuality and variation
- Cognitive, affective and neural processes in realistic and complex environments
- Creativity and insight
- Neuroengineering and brain-inspired art
- Creative concepts and wearable MoBI designs
- Big data in neuroscience and cognitive science
- Art as a form of therapy for mental, neurological and other disorders
- Art and neuroscience in Education.